Welcome

I am a homeschooled graduate trying to figure out how the world works and continuing to find out that no. It doesn't run the way I want it too.

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Time flies


Well I was doing good there for a while with that whole, blog post a week thing. Then I discovered that I had a life, or my life found me or something. The ranch got really busy because of round up and getting pastures and corrals ready for the cows to come home. I think this is actually my first real day off in about a month.


Round up is mostly fun unless the cows decide to be ignorant and obstinant. But we only lost track of one calf during the drive so that's good. And we managed to get all the cows home and all the calves vaccinated. Well except for the ones that are MIA, which means they got into some neighbor's feild... Also we also sent all the stray cows, calves, and bulls to their respective homes. So now we have all the cows off in a pasture where they are out of our hair and I'm giving the plowed feilds another couple of coats with a cultivator while everyone else does their thing.

It has come to me all of the sudden that I'm going back to Turkey in a little more than two weeks. The time has flown by. I must admit that its pretty daunting to think that in two weeks I'll be flying alone to Germany. But I've done it so many times that I'm not too nervous.
Saw a coyote yesterday on the field and had my ipod with me so I took a photo
We have two small apple trees in our yard at my family's house and this year they were the best I've ever seen so I couldn't resist making things out of them. Thankfully there was frozen pie crust I was allowed to use. And as you can see there are lots of apples I didn't make into sauce and there is no way I picked those trees clean.





So now I have finally blog posted again proving that I haven't actually forgotten about this blog :P

No comments:

Post a Comment