Welcome

I am a homeschooled graduate trying to figure out how the world works and continuing to find out that no. It doesn't run the way I want it too.

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Quotes

I've been trying to come up with a second post for this month and I think I've found it!
So here are a few quotes I think are witty, significant, or wise.

"The problem with wearing a dress is that it clashes with a sword." - Chuck Black Kingdom's Hope

“Travel makes one modest. You 
see what a tiny place you 
occupy in the world.” 

― Gustave Flaubert 

"People have an annoying habit of remembering things they shouldn't." Christopher Paolini, Eragon

"Look for God. Look for God like a man with his head on fire looks for water." Elizabeth Gilbert

"She had blue skin,
so did he.
He kept it hid,
so did she.
They searched for blue
their whole life through,
and passed right by -
and never knew."
Shel Silverstein, Every Thing on It

"Brave? Or stupid?"
Roger shrugged. "I've never been quite sure where brave stopped and stupid began, myself." 
Gerald Morris, The Savage Damsel and the Dwarf

"We'll cross that bridge when we fall off it." 
Lester B. Pearson

"Some people just don't have what it takes to appreciate a cookie."
James Patterson

"mmm....she's doomed! You're doomed!! They're all doomed! Notice I didn't specify what kind of doom, so no matter what happens I predicted it. How very WISE of me." 
Christopher Paolini, Eragon

No comments:

Post a Comment