Welcome

I am a homeschooled graduate trying to figure out how the world works and continuing to find out that no. It doesn't run the way I want it too.

Monday, January 6, 2014

An "Ode" to Literature

So I found out on Friday that there were assignments for English that I was supposed to do over Christmas break and didn't.... Ooops. Thankfully it's only two small assignments but while trying to get the poetry assignment done this morning I wrote this poem;

To Literature
By Johanna Murray

O Poem how I hate your guts
I detest your subtleties
You fool the fools and tease the wise
With meanings well-disguised

And Film! Your entertainment bared
Is a simple, tasteless thing
A story stripped of all it’s worth
Yet still your money rings!

A Book is truly a scourge indeed
If I ever saw one or two
Complex characters crowd around
And I’m still muddled when you’re through

You Play; I care not for you at all
Your exaggerations bore me
All revenge and suicide and
Asking ‘to be or not to be?’

In short I think literature’s a bust
It’s all a waste of time
But ironically to tell you this
I use literature that’s mine!


I'm thinking I should not submit this as a suitable English 30-1 assignment.... But it was fun to write!

1 comment: