Welcome

I am a homeschooled graduate trying to figure out how the world works and continuing to find out that no. It doesn't run the way I want it too.

Friday, August 29, 2014

First Week of Work

So here is a breif rundown of what I did my first week of work, there were breakdowns of the mechanical nature but we still got the silage in and the silage pit covered. So it was a good week.
August 25th Vlog;


Monday, I got a crash course in driving a tractor and trailer for silaging. It was rather easier than I expected but then again the silage pit was also high enough that I didn't have to drive my tractor over it...
Monday evening I made biscuits look how pretty they are!


Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday were more of the same, although I also had to figure out how to back up a trailer full of silage into a specific space. But I'm happy to report that I got that done without breaking anything. Also, Tuesday morning we sent a bunch of steers to auction, which was not as difficult as it could have been although there were a few iffy moments. And of course Wednesday evening was Knighthaven. Which was okay, but not spectacular, I'm just excited I drove an hour and a half both ways without incident.

This morning we covered the silage pit (A rather large job that involves tossing a lot of tires around, a few pitch forks and three loads of bad silage.) and this afternoon was sorting steers and getting off early. I have to admit I'm glad Silaging is over and done with, although driving a tractor and trailer is not as scary as I thought it would be.


Also mom gave me a book of sayings called Never Ask a Man the Size of His Spread: A Cowgirl's Guide to Life

The saying of the week is;
Even if it takes more than one throw to land a steer and tie him, he's still roped and tied. 

 And just for those of you who need either a laugh or some decent relationship advice;

Before you get serious with a cowboy, be sure he values you more than his truck.



3 comments:

  1. Can you fix the vlog? It isn't working for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, it seems to play fine for me, but I'll fiddle around a bit. Let me know if you get it to play.

      Delete
  2. So the trick is to use the laptop and go right to your blog. This one worked. I'm off to check out the rest!

    ReplyDelete