Welcome

I am a homeschooled graduate trying to figure out how the world works and continuing to find out that no. It doesn't run the way I want it too.

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

September 1st to September 7th

Did a lot of repairs this week. I forgot how fast repairing tractors get's old. However, by Wednesday we got that all done and Thursday I started Dirt Work. Which is basically dragging a harrow and a disc around in circles in a feild. On Friday I helped haul furniture and boxes around for some friends of my boss who had redone their office.
 Then, this weekend I got to help KnightHaven out with a Kids With Cancer Day Camp. Which was amazingly fun. The kids were great and I got to borrow a viking helm and one little girl thought I looked like Astrid :D I had been a little unsure of how it would go but it was fantastic. Of course, since I was helping to run the thing and cameras aren't really medieval I don't have any pictures. 

Sunday I went to Maker Faire in Calgary. Which was AWESOME.

My Maker 'swag' I seriously picked up so many business cards, and stuff, it's hilarious.


There were some photographers there, doing light painting. you can check out their website: http://jeffmcdonaldphotography.smugmug.com/ Some of the pictures are really neat.


There were also these people whom, unfortunately I never got an opportunity to talk to. They mostly had jewelty and such but they also had a display of cat and mouse armour.

Then there's this lady who was making metal jewelry hats and cloths, she had wrapped the wire of a couple of things with LEDs so they glowed.

Like this lovely hat.

This is a picture of a guy's 2 (and one corner over on the Right) 3d printers. He bought the wooden one and used it to print the green peices for the next one and used the green one to print the silver peices for the one that is barely in the picture. Kind of neat.

This is one of the glass beads made by one of the hobbiest makers. He was letting people come in and make their own beads. His stuff was beautiful.

Then there were the steam punk people who had a ton of masks made out of leather that had been stamped and painted. This was one of the prettiest.
And of course there was the Lego artist. This guy had a pretty cool display. You can find his website here
 

And of course a vlog I made Sunday evening

1 comment:

  1. I love that you wore your Oslo Maker shirt to Calgary and that one of the Eppy Bird guys took a minute to say hi! That's pretty fabulous. Great story!

    ReplyDelete